Rear spud and bottom flush or drain toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

kayakbabe

Reaction score
I'm building a "throne". I am looking for a bottom flush where the toilet drains out of the bottom into a regular floor toilet drain. However, I need the water supply the "spud" to come in from the back (not the back top) of the toilet. Kinda like an L supplied high tank toilet.

I've got an antique bishops chair that I've modified to be able to lift the seat and expose the toilet that will be located underneath the chair.

I can't replumb the house or tear into concrete. So I was thinking that using a in wall tank instead of a porcelain tank would work. But I can't seem to find a toilet that has this configuration that is also floor mounted and drains out through the floor. I've been to the professional plumbing store and also perusing these forums and have determined I can't mate a flushomatic commercial bowl with such a setup and the house doesn't have the diameter pipes I'd need for it. So... I"m back to using the in wall tank. And I need to mate it to a bottom draining toilet bowl.

Anyone know of such a bowl?

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
This is American Standard Madera back spud bowl. Many other Mfg's have these. Look for a commercial area of the website.

Last edited by a moderator:

kayakbabe

Reaction score
It sure seems like other people would want to do what I want which is hide the tank but have a normal toilet bowl. maybe put a cabinet or shelf of some kind behind the toilet.

I did find some commercial toilets with a rear spud like a sloan st-2019 or kohler high cliff K-4367 or Gerber north point 25-642-31 and have been reading all over this forum how the flushometer toilets just won't work in residential. But everything else about those toilets fits what I need.

The tank won't actually be put inside the wall. It will be mounted in an oak frame that will "hide" behind the chair that will cover the bowl. So there would be room to get creative. The 10" rough in for a couple of the toilets I mentioned is fine since they don't have to reach the wall. The bowl will be fixed to the existing floor rough in which is centered on 12 inches.

Terry, you mentioned a pressure assist... Is there a way to put the commercial with an in wall tank and get them to work? I'm guessing that getting water pressure up as well as volume is what matters for these bowls. Is there such an in-wall tank that has a pressure assist? that would work with these toilets? I'm looking for the least "depth" or distance from the wall so my "box" will be minimal. An in wall tank would be perfect, one that fits between 2x4's or 2x6's.

I saw the macerator toilets and I think those may be super loud as well have more that can go wrong with them. So I'd rather not go that way.

A last resort.. what about using a regular toilet... BUT using an in wall tank. Come out of the bottom of the in wall tank with an elbow that mates to the top spud on a regular toilet? I would have to go with a standard height toilet instead of a comfort height. Is that doable and will it work?

Reach4

Reaction score
I did find some commercial toilets with a rear spud like a sloan st-2019 or kohler high cliff K-4367 or Gerber north point 25-642-31 and have been reading all over this forum how the flushometer toilets just won't work in residential.
If you wanted flushomatic, you can do so. One way would be to have a pressure tank supply the toilet, and supply the pressure tank through a check valve. Pipe 1 inch or bigger pipe from the pressure tank to the toilet, but you could run 3/8 to the check valve input if you wanted.

A Well-X-Trol WX-104 would be big enough for a 1.6 gallon flush, probably, but bigger would be good. WX-201 should be good for a 3.5 gallon flush. Those tanks have a 1 inch NPT thread. The tanks could be a distance away, where you have room.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks