rear outlet toilets - again

Users who are viewing this thread

cabbagemoth

Reaction score
Hello. I'm new to the forum so please bear with me. We are replacing the 30-year-old toilets in our apartment at long last but I am having a hard time figuring out what to replace them with. Is anyone fond of their (ideally recently-installed) rear-outlet toilet? I've been reading any reviews I can find but there aren't many and I'd love to hear about any experiences, good or bad, with these toilets. Noise is not a big issue. I just want something that works reliably and won't have to be replaced in the next few years (or even months). I think it's ultimately a toss-up between the Kohler Barrington and AS Glenwall but I've heard negative things about both and can't make up my mind.

Kohler Barrington (have only read bad things)
American Standard Yorkville or Glenwall (is the Glenwall better than the Yorkville?)
Gerber Ultra Flush (recent reviews seem to indicate that the quality of this one has gone way downhill)

We don't have room in our walls for Duravit.

Thanks very much!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks