rear exit toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

indyjps

mechanical engineer
Reaction score
looking to do a budget basement bathroom, can i use one of these toilets, i have access to one for free. http://www.needplumbingsupplies.com/Kohler/Specs/116819_4.pdf

its a kohler highcliff rear spud toilet, i am not real familiar with these. what will this require to install, im assuming a flush valve etc like a commercial toilet, will this be compatible with a lift station in the basement install.

a friend gave me a briggs rear exit toilet for free already but it has no tank and from the sounds of the replies to other briggs questions it sounds like thats a dead end, no tank = no part # = i dont know what i have.
thanks

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Sloan makes the parts you need. Yes it will work with a sewage ejection pump / lift station.

If it were me I would go with a conventional toilet, but then Blackrasberry is my favorite ice cream.

Last edited:

Phil H2

Reaction score
A new flushometer (flush valve) for the free toilet may cost more than a new conventional toilet complete. You may need to increase your water supply piping to use a flushometer.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It will require at least a 1" water line to the toilet for it to work.
Most homes aren't piped for flushometer valves.
In commercial settings, we are running pipes in the 1.5" to 2" range, with large 1.5" water meters and branching off with 1" for each fixture.

A tank type toilet would be the right way to go.

The bowl shown, is not really a rear outlet bowl, it's a rear spud (inlet) bowl.

Last edited:

indyjps

mechanical engineer
Reaction score
ah now i understand, on the rear spud. im having problems with choosing the right set up for my basement install. my initial thought was to use a rear exit toilet to prevent having to cut into the floor to run plumbing in the slab. is this the correct way to go about it. i would prefer to use a rear exit and lift station but they are pretty expensive for me right now looking at $350 for rear exit toilet plus the cost of the lift station.
another thought is to install a urinal and no toilet and use a lift station without a grinder pump (laundry/sink pump style), this would clearly mark the basement as guy territory but may not be the best for resale.
i will also be installing a bar sink.
thanks for any ideas, i want to do it right but ill have to wait on funding if its going to be $1000 between the toilet and lift station.

any thoughts on using the free briggs rear exit toilet

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks