Rear discharge too high, now what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Cassix

In the Trades
Reaction score
Whats up fellas? So im installing this proflo rear discharge, floor-mount toilet. The problem is is that the stubout sits at 5 1/4" inches AFF. It just happens to be tile on the floor and tile behind it on the backsplash where are the stub outs its. I chipped some tile out around it and and I'm able to push the pipe down about a half an inch. My boss is telling me to shim up the toilet a half an inch drop the bolts down 1/4 inch and push the pipe down a half an inch. I think I should use an offset flange downward and see if that works. Neither of them are very good ideas I don't think do you guys have any other ideas besides ripping out the tile and I can't get to it from the back side either or underneath. I'll try to see if these pictures will show up with my post
F26soG63vwW6uC4X6

Attachments

• IMG_20190722_212452_01_01.jpg
    IMG_20190722_212452_01_01.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 219

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The outlet of your bowl is likely about 2" going into a 3" drain.
Most roughs for bowls like that are at 4.25" from the floor not the 5.25" that you have. That still drops in where it should work for you.

Who set the rough? Or is this a remodel where the old flooring was taken out and the new flooring is much lower than before.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks