Really cheap/garbage products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
I live in canada and some of the rough in's and faucets people buy are the cheapest pieces of junk I have ever seen. So cheap I am starting to refuse putting them in. Some are 90% cheap plastic. They are also name brand to. Sucks large companies have to cash in on low quality products. I hate plastic kitchen sink cartridges, I liked the brass ones with the washer and seat

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Don't blame the manufacturers, blame the activists, like Nader , who decided that lead in brass was bad, and the easiest way to get rid of it, and comply with the government regulations was to use plastic.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I don't think Ralph had anything to do with the lead issue.

And he seems like a nice guy to me. He always treats my brother well. He even spoke at the movie release of the documentary that my brother is in.
I also notice that Ralph Nader went to the same schools as my brother
Princeton and Harvard.

On January 4th of this year, we can no longer use lead in faucets. It has been a big change for the industry to be sure.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Life would be a simpler if Ralph would get a real job, instead of having to find a new crisis every time he "solves" the old one.

You do have a point hj.
We can still do things the old way. That's what good old 'Merica is all about. Inovation.
Here are ways of doing laundry that you may like.

india_laundry_1921.jpg

Real convenient too. Just by the road that everyone travels on.

india_laundry_1922.jpg

india_laundry_1925.jpg

india_laundry_1928.jpg

Why use electricity when you can just hang them in the sun?

india_laundry_1930.jpg

Nice clean sheets for the local hospital.

By the way, I quit using lead way before it was outlawed for solder. I figured I had kids, so why use it and bring it home on my clothes. I got the entire shop to quit using it, about 150 plumbers.

india_laundry_4323.jpg

Last edited:

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Solar and wind powered dryers, my mother and grandmothers had them. Who knew back then they were "green"?

Seriously, the op has a point, most stuff today is junk.

We pulled a wx252 last week that has been in continuous use since its 1975 installation. I'd like to think the new wx255 will last that long. We routinely pull Goulds pumps that are 20-30 years old. I doubt a new Goulds will last 12 years....

One of my suppliers doesn't carry brass 90's for Uponor PEX anymore because he couldn't sell them due to the price. He only stocks the plastic 90's....

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks