Reactor in a portable Miller Big 40 welder?

Users who are viewing this thread

Rich B

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
OK....I tried to put a link on here for the online Service Manual but it will not work. I am an authorized Miller Service shop and have access but it is password protected. Sounds like you got your money's worth.....

Those carbs are very basic and usually pretty nasty after sitting for any period of time. Either a Marvel-Schebler cast iron or possibly a Zenith. They do make a universal replacement but it is a real poor setup as the linkage does not work to well with the idler.....Take the old one apart and soak it in carb cleaner for a good while and blow it out. The only gasket you need is for the top to float bowl and I try to save the old one or make one. They usually leak fuel if you don't have a shutoff on the overhead tank and shut it off after you use the machine. I worked on lots of those old tankers.......

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks