Re-routing

Users who are viewing this thread

Gordon Bo Kennedy

Reaction score
Hello. My father just purchased a new home. The previous owner had her washing machine in the kitchen which is adjacent to a garage. What supplies would I need to run the water lines through the wall so the washing machine could be in the garage and not the kitchen? Maybe a 10 ft transition.

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
Connecting to the drain would be the hardest thing. How does the drain line run? past the new location in garage?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You will need to vent the new trap and standpipe for the washer.
The standpipe and trap is 2".
For water lines you can use 1/2" PEX.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
The last time I did a job like this, I ran a new drain line from the new washer location to the main which was running near by. Then plugged up the old drain in the kitchen. Then rerouted the water and gas (for the dryer).
The inspector wanted to see: 1. The connection to the main. 2. The gas pressure after a pressure test.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks