Re-plumbing back-to-back toilets & adding shower drain/vent

Users who are viewing this thread

UPCUser

Reaction score
Hi, I've found some info about re-plumbing old back-to-back wc's eliminating the sanitary cross without using a double fixture fitting, but couldn't quite find the answer for my specific situation.

First, a little background... I purchased the 1960 ranch as a fixer/rehab, so I'm not sure if there were any siphoning issues with the sanitary tee, but if there were, its nothing I noticed before pulling the toilets (modern low gpf, I plan on re-installing the original 1-piece American Std toilets). I wanted to add a shower to the master bedroom's 1/2 bath, so I demo-ed the ceiling & a soffit in the basement. That's when I discovered a large crack on the top side of some 4" service weight CI that was hidden in the soffit. I had already planned on re-piping the supply lines with Uponor PEX, moving/upgrading water heater to tankless condensing Rinnai & moving the washer & dryer location. So, why not add re-piping the DWV to the list?

Here are some photos of whats in the house....

My DWV goals:
Replaced all the DWV from the CI clean-out & up.
Ideally, somehow raise the large 4" CI after the sanitary cross up into the joists (2x10, 12" OC)
Tie-in new shower drain/vent that be to the left of the toilets in the photos. 32"x32" shower should land the drain in the same joist cavity, though not perfectly center.
Tie clothes washer drain to the right of the vertical galv pipes in 4th photo.

Thank you for your input

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks