Re-piping question

Users who are viewing this thread

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Hi, we had a kitchen water leak, so while we are under construction, we figured we would repipe our house. The house is built in 1966 and has original plumbing, so we figure it's about time and better to do it now while the floors and walls are torn up.

The copper in the slab will be canceled and will be relocated into the crawl space above the first floor. We have a high pressure hose line that is also traveling through the slab which I would like to reroute.

Is it not advisable to run the high pressure hose line through the house in the crawl space as well? Would we be better suited keeping that line outside? My plumber is a little concerned about routing a high pressure water line through the interior of the house. Hoping to get some opinions on this.

As far as location of the hose bib, it would be more convenient if we ran it through the house and kept the hose bib where it currently is, but if it is not advisable to keep the high pressure line inside the house, then we will have to route it outside and move its location.

Thank you!
-David

Reach4

Reaction score
The copper in the slab will be canceled and will be relocated into the crawl space above the first floor.
Is that an attic, or some space between the first and second floors?

Reach4

Reaction score
Running pressure potable pipe there is normal and safe.

JohnCT

Still learning..slowly
Reaction score
Thank you so much. How bad will noise be with the copper relocated into the ceiling? Will wrapping them help with noise?

My Colonial has the plumbing for the upstairs bathrooms in the kitchen ceilings and they're copper. I don't hear anything, but I guess it couldn't hurt to use sound insulation.

John

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks