Re-locating toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

King3244

Reaction score
I am relocating my existing basement toilet (under slab) about 6 feet downstream from my old one. I also am adding another toilet back to back with it (on the other side of a wall for a half bath) and my question is concerning venting for the toilets.

The old toilet was installed when the house was originally built, 12 years ago, per code and I have to assume vented properly and it works fine. When I move the toilet I am thinking that it will vent back up the old part of the main drain to the original vent. Am I correct in this assumption?

I will cap off the old toilet of course. I should also mention that there is a tub, shower and sink that will now drain upstream from the toilet. Will that be okay?

Thanks for any help, King

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

Even if the old vent could be used for the toilet, which is not likely given the information you supplied, as soon as you add the second toilet it requires an entirely different venting system. Whether the tub and sink, etc., will still be properly installed and vented depends on how they are connected, also something we cannot determine from your description.

King3244

Reaction score
Thanks hj, what other information can I supply you with that might help in answering this question.
I can easily revent the new toilet if that would help.

King

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
data

It would almost require a drawing of the existing system and one showing the new locations. This would be a minimum. Once we had those then we would be able to determine if more data was necessary.

King3244

Reaction score
Thanks hj,

I have no way of getting a drawing onto the discussion board so I will have to seek other means I guess but I appreciate your trying.

King

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks