Ran into problem replacing dishwasher supply hose

Users who are viewing this thread

Stockee

Reaction score
I'm at a loss as to what to do with my dishwasher hose fitting, it's different from all the other fittings under my sink and what I've seen in all the dishwasher installation videos. I don't seem to be able to detach the hose from the stop valve.

stockee-02.jpg

Any advice appreciated, ideally I just want to remove the whole portion after the stop valve and screw in the new hose but I don't quite know if that's going to work without a new fitting.

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Nothing in your picture is a standard dishwasher "hose" or supply line. It all looks like PEX. What do you find if you trace the solid white pipe at the top right of the picture towards your dishwasher? There may be a threaded connection from that pipe to a conventional dishwasher supply line.

As to the connections in the picture, the elbow on the right is a "push to connect" or "sharkbite" style connection. So if you push the inner yellow-ish ring towards the body of the elbow, then you should be able to pull the whole elbow off the translucent white piece of PEX supplying it. Only do this after closing the stop and with a shallow pan underneath to catch any water that drains.

Cheers, Wayne

Stockee

Reaction score
You guys are absolute legends!! I've pried the Sharkbite connection off with a wrench and am going to pickup a Sharkbite 1/2" to 3/8" adapter this afternoon so I can run the hose that I bought to the new dishwasher.

Thanks so much!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks