ran into a problem when installing laminate floor in my bathroom help!!

Users who are viewing this thread

jayrob33

Reaction score
hello all

it seems i have run into a problem when installing laminate floor in my bathroon. i basically have the whole room done, however, i am now to the point where i have to lay floor around the bathtub. problem is, i have an older tub in my bath that is not perfectly straight. it kinda dips in on both ends and there is a longer straight part in the middle. currently there is about a 1 1/2" gap from the end of my floor to the end of the tub. i bought the molding to put around the doorway and tub, however, the molding is not flexible.
do i have to cut the molding somehow to fit around the tub??

pls let me know with any help

thx

Sulconst2

Reaction score
use a compass and scribe the piece. sounds like you need to add another piece of flooring to pick up some of that 1 1/2 gap.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Just do a very careful job scribing the flooring piece to the tub. On ceramic tile floors, I have use some flexible vinyl moulding, but in the case of the laminate floor, just use some clear silicone caulk, smallest bead you can get.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks