Ran gould pump with no water

Users who are viewing this thread

Mathsupt

Reaction score
The gould s 1 up pump ran well then I heard it running and not pumping water for the sprinkler system..the n i noticed a leak in the fitting below the holding tank. It obviously drained everything but the pump kept running. it was hot. Now it won't hold a prime. What should I look to repair. Can't really afford a new pump.

Boycedrilling

In the Trades
Reaction score
You probably ruined the seal behind the impeller. You probably want a seal kit, impeller, and gasket. Might cost $100 for everything. Then you just need to know how to replace the parts. Or even better, you just need to know somebody that knows how to do it.

I’ve never looked, but you might find a Utube video that shows how how to replace a centrifugal Pump seal.

Boycedrilling

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yeah, there’s lots of videos on YouTube. Search pump seal replacement. Watch a couple and see if it’s something you think you can tackle.

It only take a minute or so of running dry to overheat and crack a mechanical seal.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks