Rainbird quick connect, WHY???

Users who are viewing this thread

mysticturner

Reaction score
Our church has a meditation garden and I end up caring for various things including the fountain. The access to water has these silly Rainbird Quick Connects (https://store.rainbird.com/valves/44rc-44-model-1-in-rubber-cover-2-piece-body.html).

Every time I hook into one of these I get hoses down. One time it broke off and I had to shut off the whole church so I could cap it off. The question is, is there some special reason for using these? Can I swap them out for a regular spigot?

Cam Wood

Reaction score
Our church has a meditation garden and I end up caring for various things including the fountain. The access to water has these silly Rainbird Quick Connects (https://store.rainbird.com/valves/44rc-44-model-1-in-rubber-cover-2-piece-body.html).

Every time I hook into one of these I get hoses down. One time it broke off and I had to shut off the whole church so I could cap it off. The question is, is there some special reason for using these? Can I swap them out for a regular spigot?
You can absolutely swap them for a regular hose bibb. These are quick couplers as they are called are mostly used for their inconspicuousness or security, so unauthorized people without the quick coupler male end cannot use them.

mysticturner

Reaction score
You can absolutely swap them for a regular hose bibb. These are quick couplers as they are called are mostly used for their inconspicuousness or security, so unauthorized people without the quick coupler male end cannot use them.
Well security isn't a problem. We leave the hose with the quick connect attached in the bushes 3 feet away! Thanks for the info

Cam Wood

Reaction score
Well security isn't a problem. We leave the hose with the quick connect attached in the bushes 3 feet away! Thanks for the info
I install them regularly in parks and cemeteries. Places where we don't want the public to access them and inevitably leave them on. They have their place.

Last edited:

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score

A lot of people walk around the church grounds and technically a church is commercial property, so the church becomes a target for those that will claim anything for they tripped and got hurt. Another is church grounds become a campground for the homeless. A water supply is just an invite to come back. Garden hoses with nozzles also seem to disappear. I maintained a church for 7 years and it was nearly impossible to leave a hose nozzle on the garden hose.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks