Rainbird 5000 plus Nozzles

Users who are viewing this thread

Richard795

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone here has experience with rainbird 5000 plus rotors, here's what I'm trying to figure out;

Question I had was when using the standard rain curtain chart, https://www.rainbird.com/sites/default/files/media/documents/2018-02/ts_5000Series.pdf the nozzles are based on 180 degrees....for example at 55 psi a 5.0 nozzle will apply water at a rate of .54 inches per hour using 180 degrees, but if you put the same nozzle in a 360 degree rotor the application rate is now .27 which if half because the rotor makes a full 360 as opposed to 180 degrees.

These https://www.rainbird.com/sites/defa.../5000-series-mpr-nozzle-performance-chart.pdf ,are for the 5000 series rotors, they are matched precipitation nozzles so if you stay with one colour group they water evenly as opposed to the standard rain curtain nozzles where you have to choose between 1.5-8 gpm nozzles then figure out your inches per hour rate so everything gets watered the same.

Does the same rule apply let's say I take a green half circle nozzle (180) which has an application rate of .71 inches per hour at 55 PSI and put it in a 360 rotor would the application rate be reduced to .36?

Hope this makes sense,
Thanks

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Yes to your question. I have some of these 5000 series and the rest are Hunter MP rotors. Planning out your irrigation is OK but don't go nuts trying to get it perfect. With all the planning you may end up with dry spots or too much runoff. After the install it my take some tweaking to get the coverage you need. Rain bird makes great products and I have their WiFi controller, but I prefer the Hunter MP rotors since they can be adjusted by both pattern and spray distance. They sell a cheap tool to make it easy. You place the two part tool on each end of a 3/4 length of pipe. You can make the adjustments standing up. One end for spray pattern, the other for distance.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks