Rain shower advice needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Dan86

Reaction score
Hello, guys. This is my first time posting.
Since we’re renovating bathroom, my wife asked me to install a rain shower. A hotel type (placed on a ceiling). The problem is that, as far as I know, rain shower heads won’t give as good water pressure as a regular shower head. And I don’t want it to be a drizzle shower.

What do we have:

- pressure between 45-50 PSI – should I increase it?

- high floor

- 9' ceiling

What do we want:
I want to have a rain shower look but not necessarily the rain fall aspect of it. Maybe a hybrid with two shower heads. Currently I’m thinking about Grohe. My colleague advised me a bunch of reviews like this one https://terrylove.com/best-rain-showerhead/, but I'm more interested in experienced users feedback.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Dan.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Regardless of the shower head you choose, there is a federal limit on how much water it can release of NGT 2.5gpm. Spread that out over lots of holes, and there'd be little acceleration through the nozzles. This is by design. The further it falls, gravity will accelerate it, but it won't be like coming out of a traditional shower head. Raising the water pressure will have a slight effect on the max volume, but not really a whole lot.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks