Rain bird 32ETI

Users who are viewing this thread

Wilson01

Reaction score
0FEF4370-4571-4B0C-BE56-A2E1AA3F1B57.jpeg
I’m going to be installing three Rain bird 32ETI sprinkler system and I have a few questions. My yard has roughly a 5ft vertical rise and runs 95 feet from where my hose bib is located. The 32ETI system says it can’t be more than a 6’ rise. Also all the tubing and fittings in the kit are 1/2”. The three zones that I’m going to install are going to be roughly 35 feet, 67 feet and 90 feet away from the hose bib. Should I use 3/4” tubing to run from the hose bib to each of the zones ? I would reduce the 3/4” back down to 1/2” to connect the sprinkler heads.(I have 3/4” inside my house and a 3/4” hose bib) I will post a picture in case I’m not explaining myself correctly. Also can six rotor sprinkler heads be run in a straight line or should I install a “T” and have 3 on each leg ? Thanks for the help

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Your plan is not the best way to go but you’re in NY and irrigation needs are far less than in the sun belt. With your size yard I would go with a conventional system with PVC pipe, back flow preventer, controller and irrigation valves. It will cost more and longer time to install.

You didn’t mention the width of the yard. The 32ETI is a nice little kit for a small yard. For your length do go with 3/4 inch and for each sprinkler tee off with a 3/4 x 1/2 x 3/4 fitting. The issue is the size of the timer. It is designed for 1/2”. Using 3/4” pipe will lower the flow resistant but then you’ll need different barb fittings and then the cost and having the right type of fittings becomes a hassle.

If you really want to use this kit install the kit as it comes to the section closest to the bib and give it a try to see if it meets your needs. As you go up the in elevation the spray distance will decrease. Running six heads in a row with 1/2” the last two may not have enough pressure to work as the expected.

Rainbird.com does have a design aid program. Plug in the numbers and see what they come up with. I’m doing this from an iPhone otherwise I would draw out another recommendation.

Wilson01

Reaction score
0A3192B2-7E71-45A4-89A6-CC975A56A9E7.jpeg
Thanks for getting back to me. I forgot to mention that I have already installed two of these kits on the opposite side of my house and they work great. The distance from the hose bib to the “T” on one zone is around 40’ and the other is 12’. I actually have enough water pressure that I added one extra rotor head to each zone and it still covers the area I wanted it to. I do have a well and pressure tank at my house so it’s not the best gpm but it works. I didn’t make my drawing to scale but at the bottom the lawn is 57 feet wide and gets narrower the farther away from the house you go. This pic is actually more like it. The 32ETI kit comes with temporary stakes that you can tie strap the rotors to and hook everything up above ground to make sure it works before you bury it. I could set the zone up farthest away from my house and try the 3/4” and 1/2” tubing using the timer to see if there’s any difference.
Thanks again for the help

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks