Radiators upstairs half filling.

Users who are viewing this thread

paulus837

Reaction score
Hello all,
I moved a radiator upstairs and drained the system to do so , now that I want to fill the system the radiators upstairs are only filling half way even when I bleed them, Its an open vented system and the tank/cistern in the attic is full , any ideas ,
Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It can take several tries to get all of the air out of the system, and it helps if you have a bit of water pressure, too. A gravity fed storage tank high up may not do it. But, I've never worked on a system like that, so this is a guess.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Unless you connected the radiator incorrectly, it should vent into the attic tank without you doing anything. If the attic tank is full, then you have enough pressure to fill the radiator and there is something else wrong with that radiator's connection.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
More pressure. It's a two man job. One in the attic to yell when the tanks full and the other filling the system. On another note, nobody has installed an open gravity system in the past 100 years. Time for it to go

paulus837

Reaction score
It can take several tries to get all of the air out of the system, and it helps if you have a bit of water pressure, too. A gravity fed storage tank high up may not do it. But, I've never worked on a system like that, so this is a guess.
The air eventually worked its way out , Thanks

paulus837

Reaction score
Unless you connected the radiator incorrectly, it should vent into the attic tank without you doing anything. If the attic tank is full, then you have enough pressure to fill the radiator and there is something else wrong with that radiator's connection.
The air eventually worked its way out , Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks