Radiant help

Users who are viewing this thread

cabin_11358

Reaction score
I have been remodeling a cabin in the mountains. We decided to put in a hydronic radiant floor heating system. I designed the system based on a decent amount of online research. It is an open direct system using a takagi t-h3-dv-p. I have 2 zones. One for the upstairs the other for down. Zone 1 is made up of three 250-275 foot loops. Zone 2 is 4 250-275 foot loops. Each zone has a grundfos alpha to pump the zone. The problem I am having is the the flow rate seems to be low, Zone 1 is maxing out around 1.9 gpm with a delta T of 20 degrees. When I switch the function on the pump to the high setting the flow does not increase and the pressure relief valve pops. Where should I start to look for the problem?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
What size pex tubing did you use? ANy possibility that there's a kink in the tubing somewhere?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A kink will significantly restrict flow. If it's pex-A, a heat gun and some tweaking may restore the tubing to full diameter. If it's pex-b or -c, you have to cut out the kink and insert a fitting.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks