Quick vent question (DIY)

Users who are viewing this thread

Tim C

Reaction score
Just double checking myself here...

I am installing a utility tub in my basement. Have made connection to drain stack and working on the vent line. The vent is going to run horizontally across the basement ceiling before going vertical to the second floor, where it will join to a vent for a first-floor powder room. That connection will be 42" above the first floor.

My question is, is the horizontal run of vent pipe allowed as I have shown it here? It will slope toward the fixture, and is only about 5' long.

I assume size is irrelevant in answering this, but both the new vent and the one I'm tying into are 2".

Thanks!

IMG_20200315_092742.jpg

Tim C

Reaction score
Are you sure? The hand drawing looks like it is a soil stack not a vent stack.
There are no additional fixtures above this on that pipe. Here is what it looks like on the first floor - this was done professionally at the time the house was built. I will be tying into the vent in roughly the area of that PEX tee you see. The existing pipe goes up into the attic where it ties into a larger vent stack.

IMG_8861.JPG

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks