Quick PVC tube/kitchen plumbing question

Users who are viewing this thread

zhi

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum, and was just wondering whether if someone could tell me what I should do?

The plumbing under the kitchen sink was dissembled then assembled, however I think something went missing, the problem I have at the moment is the fact that I can't make two PVC tubes attach to eachother tightly

This is my diagram of the 2 PVC tubes:

plumbingbx2.png

I think I lost a rubber ring or something that should go between them to make it water tight?

Sorry, I've never done any DIY before so I can't use any technical terms :(

Thanks

EDIT: Bigger image = http://img73.imageshack.us/my.php?image=plumbingbx2.png

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A picture would be better...kind of hard to determine exactly what you have there.

IF the bigger one has a nut, there should also be a tapered washer underneath it that gets jammed against the smaller pipe as you tighten the nut. If it is not that, without a picture, can't help you. To assemble, you slide the nut on the smaller pipe, then the tapered washer with the taper towards the bigger pipe, then tighten the nut up on the threaded part. As you do that, the tapered washer get jammed in and seals things.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks