Quick-Connect Hose vs Threaded Couplers on Brizo/Delta faucets?

Users who are viewing this thread

MikeLane

Reaction score

My wife likes the look of the Brizo Vesi Channel widespread sink faucet but after looking at the installation instructions on the brizofaucet.com website I wanted to know if I should be concerned with using Quick-Connect hoses between the valves and spout vs. threaded couplers.

My initial thought was to NOT use them but wanted to consult others before discounting them all together. Should I stick with threaded couplers and does any one know if Delta/Brizo uses this system for all of their faucets?

Thanks for your assistance.
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeLane

Reaction score
Thanks Terry for the quick reply.

Any idea if the faucet (Delta, Brizo, Kohler, AmSt...) I purchase in a Home Depot or Lowes is the same quality faucet I would buy at a plumbing supply or do these companies manufacture different versions for the big box home centers. I noticed that some high-end faucets purchased at these big box home centers come with plastic tail pipes, what a joke after spending considerable bucks.

Regards,
Mike

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
There are differing opinions on this issue. The manufacturers and the stores deny any truth to it. Generally, if the model number of an item is found on the website, then you should get the same item no matter where you purchase it. However, some items are packaged differently for retail sales vs. supply house. The major brands also offer some models exclusively thru a box store. Internally, a the "guts" will be the same as all the brand models; there may be differences in the design of the trim details.

One factor which is probably more important than any of the issues previously mentioned is the environment: a faucet in the supply house has not been pawed over by 1000 inquisitive consumers. It has not been purchased, taken home, oohed and ahhed at by family and friends, and then returned more or less intact because wifey now wants brushed nickel. The box has not been re-banded 6 times. It probably also costs half, so this is your trade off.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I noticed years ago, that big box stores may carry different items.

Sometimes a kitchen faucet from the big box would weigh a lot less than the one from the supplier.
Sometimes you would go back later to replace a plastic kitchen faucet, drop a pan on it and watch it break.
Models numbers would have an extra number on the box. I guess it was the big box number.
It isn't always the case though. Sometimes they do carry the same product.

But like Jimbo mentions, when we buy them from a supplier, it hasn't been ransacked for small parts before it's sold to us.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks