Quick Connect For Poly Well Line

Users who are viewing this thread

Jason401

Reaction score
Hi All, looking for some advice on what do do for a quick connect on the poly pipe going into my 20ft shallow well.

the current set up is an 1-1/4 poly pipe coming into the well casing. Then there is a 90 degree barbed connector which connects to the 1-1/4 poly pipe going 20ft down into the well with a foot valve on the end of it.

When we winterize everything at the end of the season I currently heat up the poly pipe going into the well casing. Loosen the hose clamps and pull the barbed fitting out. Allowing me to pull my poly pipe of out the well for the winter. Looking for ideas on how to add / what to use for a quick connect so that I don’t have to pull the fitting out of the poly at the end of every season.

Let me know your ideas!

TJanak

Reaction score
Look into Cam lock fittings.

Will cam lock fittings hold vacuum well enough?

Banjo polypropylene cam lock fittings are used a lot in ag, but I'd question their ability to hold a vacuum for a shallow well.

I was thinking some sort of union.

Reach4

Reaction score
When we winterize everything at the end of the season I currently heat up the poly pipe going into the well casing. Loosen the hose clamps and pull the barbed fitting out. Allowing me to pull my poly pipe of out the well for the winter. Looking for ideas on how to add / what to use for a quick connect so that I don’t have to pull the fitting out of the poly at the end of every season.
They make quick connect fittings for wells called pitless adapter. While those are normally set in the well below the frost line, I think you could have one above the casing. They aren't usually facing a vacuum, but I think that a trapezoidal type pitless would work. Do use silicone grease such as Molykote 111 (not adheasive or sealant) when putting the pieces together.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks