Questions about wyes in new bathroom drain configuration

Users who are viewing this thread

CPinCT

Reaction score
DSC01883sm.jpg

The picture shows my plan for the drains for a new bathroom in an addition. My questions are concerning the wyes. Can the one for the toilet be a combo? Can the other two lay on their side or do they need to be rolled up 45 degrees? Should one for the sink be in the middle of the other two?

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
Looks OK why change it? Y's are always better then combo's if you have the room.

John

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; Y's are always better then combo's if you have the room

Now why would you say that? If you need to connect at a 45 degree angle, then you NEED a Y, but if the connection is at a 90 degree angle, then a combo is EXACTLY the same as a Y and 1/8 bend. If you roll a Y up on an angle then you have "destroyed" the 45 degree angle and have to compensate with another fitting of some kind. WHERE the sink, or anything else, connects is usually immaterial, assuming the rest of the system is done correctly, but it could depend on the exact configuration of the rest of the piping.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks