Questions about venting options

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Flow&Go, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Flow&Go

Flow&Go New Member

Hi all,
    I am trying to make a bathroom/laundry group in a somewhat challenging garage conversion. I'm hoping that someone can advise me on where the vents should be placed on this system. Normally I'd wet vent it using the toilet, but the placement of this toilet and the limited space I have to place the main drain, have caused me to have the toilet draining above the shower and lav drain on the stack. Do I now have to have individual vents off of the lav and shower? Is there a better way to configure this? Any input is appreciated! 20201221_132116~2.jpg 20201221_132131~2.jpg 20201221_132110.jpg

Attached Files:

2. breplum

breplum Member

Plumbing and heating contractor
    For sure you can roll off an individual 1.5" vent for the shower and then a normal above floor vent off the laundry drain tee.

Sylvan likes this.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Sylvan likes this.
  4. Flow&Go

Flow&Go New Member

Ok, thay makes sense, thank you!

5. wwhitney

wwhitney Well-Known Member

Can you use the lav to wet vent the shower? The toilet is obviously vented by the top connection of the san-tee, and the laundry will need it's own vent.

Cheers, Wayne

Sylvan and Flow&Go like this.
  6. Jeff H Young

Jeff H Young In the Trades

No sence running extra vents but if its open above its not that much work its pretty much the only way Ive done it. I havent really took advantage of horizontal wet venting. they can all tie in together

Flow&Go likes this.
  7. Flow&Go

Flow&Go New Member

I think this will be the way I go, thanks!