Question Wet vent basement bathroom using a 4x2 double wye (toilet, shower, lav)

Users who are viewing this thread

Raymond Fournier

Reaction score
Trying to figure out if I can wet vet a toilet, shower, lav draine via 2” lav / vent line connecting the three fixtures using a 4x2 double wye fitting on its side (both branches of the double wye and the straight run horizontal).

The picture I am uploading was my original plan, however we where considering bumping the shower area out more and that would put the shower drain on the other side of the toilet run

Ps we decided on not doing a floor drain

Attachments

• 046B939A-2320-4252-8EA7-E0D7B4EC942A.jpeg
    046B939A-2320-4252-8EA7-E0D7B4EC942A.jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 386

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You can wet vent a bathroom with 2". A double wye is fine, I prefer two wyes because getting it level is too darn hard to bother with. I like a bit of angle on the wyes. There are plumbers that do though.
The washer can't be included on a wet vent because it's a pumped fixture.

Raymond Fournier

Reaction score
You can wet vent a bathroom with 2". A double wye is fine, I prefer two wyes because getting it level is too darn hard to bother with. I like a bit of angle on the wyes. There are plumbers that do though.
The washer can't be included on a wet vent because it's a pumped fixture.

Can I connect it to the dry vent section and have it dump into the end of the kitchen sink / main line

Or your saying not even that

Raymond Fournier

Reaction score
If you're coming in downstream of the bath wet vent, yes.

Ok that leads to my last question just to make sure I am clear. Basically your saying that washer drain in the picture has to attach to the main line before the 4x4 Wye going to the wet vent bathroom group?

Last edited:

Raymond Fournier

Reaction score
Ok that leads to my last question just to make sure I am clear. Basically your saying that washer drain in the picture has to attach to the main line before the 4x4 Wye going to the wet vent bathroom group?

I “think” I thought about it and answered my own question. So since the toilet and the shower wet vent portion is from the Double wye to the lav then it should be fine washer ties in after that

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks