Question re ProPEX stop valves for vanity faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Jastori

Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to find the correct stop valves for connecting 1/2" Uponor ProPEX to a 'standard' bathroom vanity faucet. I assume this means I would want 3/8" compression style fittings for connection to the faucet?

I see the following two angled stop valves offered. I am not sure whether they both have the same 3/8" compression fitting. I assume one is a full-port quarter turn valve and the other is not? Is there an important difference between the two?

lF4855038 ProPEX Full port LF brass Angle Stop Valve for ½" pex
lF4410500 Compression Angle Stop Valve for ½" pex, LF brass

Thanks very much for any help!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I do not believe in EVER running PEX out of the wall for fixture connections, but I would NEVER "ProPress" a stop either, because it WILL fail and the only way to replace a ProPress connection is to cut it off. A compression stop can be unscrewed and another one installed on the same piece of tubing.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Most any compression stop will work IF you use the reinforcment ferrule on the inside of the tubing so the compression ring has something to compress to (the pex isn't strong enough on its own without that ring inside the tubing). Some are packaged with them, but they are available separately, too (maybe not in a big box store, though).

Jastori

Reaction score
Thanks very much HJ and Jim for the advice - the point about needing to replace a failed stop down the line is a good one.

I ended up going with a Pex -> 1/2" male adaptor and a threaded angle stop. For some reason, using a compression stop on Pex made me nervous (probably due to my inexperience with compression fittings).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks