Question on Toto Drakes for remodel

Users who are viewing this thread

Watson524

Reaction score
Hi all,

We are moving into my parents old house after a bit of a remodel. The house was built in late 2002 and except for the laundry room toilet, it has Drake 1.6gpf Comfort (ADA/Chair/whatever) height toilets that I've always liked. We added a basement bathroom and also need to swap the master bath toilet to a new one to change it from bone/bisque to white. I plan to take the toilet that used to be in the master and put it in the laundry room once we finish the remodel.

All that being said, tho I was explicit in what I wanted, Chair Height, Cotton, elongated Bowl, Drake, non dual flush, 12" rough in in Cotton, the plumbing supply place sent the wrong toilets so we're having a do-over. This is what I had given them as a link that I wanted (which didn't seem to help) https://www.totousa.com/drake-two-piece-toilet-16-gpf-ada-compliant-elongated-bowl

So now on the redo, they are suggesting C744EL01 as the bowl and ST743S01 as the tank. Not sure why they can't just get CST744SL#01 vs two separate line items since tho it's a two piece, it seems to come as one. I THINK the proposed tank is ok, it's the GMax flush 1.6gpf but the bowl, tho 12" rough in, elongated, chair height, seems to be the Eco Drake 1.28gpf. Is that an issue? I suppose it makes sense that the flush "power" is more from the amount the tank is letting into the bowl but.... do I need to be worried about the proposed bowl?

thanks!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If you look at the TOTO spec sheet, the CST744SL "consists" of
Bowl C744EL
Tank ST743S

They do it this way because the 1.6 tank fits on four different bowls.
You can also use the ST743E tank for 1.28, which also works on four bowls.

Watson524

Reaction score
If you look at the TOTO spec sheet, the CST744SL "consists" of
Bowl C744EL
Tank ST743S

They do it this way because the 1.6 tank fits on four different bowls.
You can also use the ST743E tank for 1.28, which also works on four bowls.

Thanks Terry! Appreciate the gut check. Looks like we'll be ok with the 1.6 up top and 1.28 down below

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks