Question on roofing

Users who are viewing this thread

nhoj

Reaction score
I have a question on Owens Corning Assault singes I had to put a new roof on my home and I had a 40 year roof that I put on 3 years ago and Hale damaged it and I ask the contractor that I wanted a 40 year roof back on it, he told me that they NO longer made a 40 year roof anymore but they made a 100 year roof now, I never hears of a 100 year roof. I honestly believe that he put a 25 year roof on and charged me for a highest year roof and ripped me off.

What is the highest year of Assault singes Warranty goes?

Thank-You

John

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
" I honestly believe that he put a 25 year roof on and charged me for a highest year roof and ripped me off. "

If you can prove this, you win your case.
When your sub contractor brings in materials, you should always inspect what he brought, and make sure it matches what mentioned in the contract.
Next time you know what to do.

When you see 25 yr warranty or 35 yr warranty the difference in the shingles is in their thicknesses. The "Limited Lifetime Warranty" is a selling gimmick.
And as far as hail is concerned, it's not covered. Read the warranty on the packaging wrapper.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks