Question on gas piping for dryer/ water heater

Users who are viewing this thread

Jon63

Reaction score
So I have a 1/2” gas line that it about 8’ long that comes out of a 1” T. At the end of the 8’ 1/2” where it 90’d into the shut off valve for the water heater I installed a Tee and extended a pipe over 3’ for a clothes dryer, what happening is my pilot light for my dryer keeps turning off. is that one section of 8’ 1/2” pipe not enough for these units to work simultaneously? The flexible supply line to the dryer is 1/2” and the flex line to the water heater is 3/8” it’s a 40 gal water heater.

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
So I have a 1/2” gas line that it about 8’ long that comes out of a 1” T. At the end of the 8’ 1/2” where it 90’d into the shut off valve for the water heater I installed a Tee and extended a pipe over 3’ for a clothes dryer, what happening is my pilot light for my dryer keeps turning off. is that one section of 8’ 1/2” pipe not enough for these units to work simultaneously? The flexible supply line to the dryer is 1/2” and the flex line to the water heater is 3/8” it’s a 40 gal water heater.
How old is the dryer? the 1/2 should be enough. Old thermocouple?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks