Question about water softener

Users who are viewing this thread

Theruinedcity

Reaction score
I moved into my house in 2015, and it came with a whirlpool softener. When I spoke to my father in law he mentioned that the resin might need changed. I looked up the price for the resin, and it is 100+ and would also pay someone to service it. I thought about it, and it could potentially cost more then the softener I have + potential repairs that might be needed.

I called culligan, aqua systems, local water softener place here. They all wanted 1500, and up. I also got our water tested which the hardness was 21.

Aqua Systems seemed appealing to me, because if I got their Value line it came with a life time exchange program. They will swap out the whole resin bed for $325, and sway out the valve assembly for 200.

I'm also looking at DIY options, and stumbled across flex 5600, Spring well, and aquasure, softpro.

I know that my local water softener place uses clack, and from what I noticed on their website they only make the valve. I would like people's opinions on the cheapest, but best route.

I added some pictures from some on my neighbors. Our water was pink at one point, and people in my family have sensitive skin. We never noticed a difference until we went on vacation.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1640137672620.jpg
    FB_IMG_1640137672620.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 132
  • FB_IMG_1640137642602.jpg
    FB_IMG_1640137642602.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 131
  • FB_IMG_1640137649060.jpg
    FB_IMG_1640137649060.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 128

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Before doing anything do run Iron Out during a regen cycle. This post of a few weeks ago has a lot of information so read it carefully. Over time iron sticks to the resin blocking the ion exchange. Iron Out removes iron from the resin. There was a post here a few years ago and someone had mentioned how to tell if the resin is at end of life. It may take a while to find it.

https://terrylove.com/forums/index....h-water-after-regeneration.97324/#post-700347

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks