Question about trap adapter

Users who are viewing this thread

Mdw38

Reaction score
Hello! I replaced the drain pipe in my pedestal sink and noticed that there was a leak by my trap adapter. What do I have to do to fix this? The drip is coming from the red circled area. I currently have a 1 1/2" adapter on there. That was what was already attached when I bought the house. Thank you!

Attachments

• 13388969_10209615717892464_1135934194_o.jpg
    13388969_10209615717892464_1135934194_o.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 292

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
You could take it apart and make sure the trap adapter is glued onto the PVC pipe. If it is leaking at the trap adapter and PVC joint you will need to remove the adapter and use pvc glue and primer. ...The last nut on the tubular pipe looks like it might be cross threaded. I would take it loose and make sure it is aligned correctly and tighten it back up and see if that solves your problem.

Mdw38

Reaction score
You could take it apart and make sure the trap adapter is glued onto the PVC pipe. If it is leaking at the trap adapter and PVC joint you will need to remove the adapter and use pvc glue and primer. ...The last nut on the tubular pipe looks like it might be cross threaded. I would take it loose and make sure it is aligned correctly and tighten it back up and see if that solves your problem.

Thank you, it was never glued in. Just fit over the PVC pipe. It probably had this slow drip for a long time now, only since I changed the drainpipe did I sit there looking to make sure all was dry. I will go to home depot today and replace the p-trap with new materials and pick up the PVC glue & primer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks