Question about shower head plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

VinnyinNJ

Reaction score
Hi All,

Been here a few times looking up info about plumbing but this is the first time posting. I am in the process of a bathroom remodel and am at the point where I need to pick out items.

First, I want to say that I will not be doing any of the plumbing myself as I have attempted to solder in the past and know that I can't! The plumbing will all be done by a professional but I want to know if my ideas are off base.

I will be using a shower base and plan on using a Swanstone base, not using their Veritek as that is supposed to be an inferior product. Have heard mostly good things about Swanstone except one Plumbing showroom didn't have anything good to say about it - any thoughts from people who have used it or live with it?

We are looking at using a hand held shower and not a shower head. The showroom we went to suggested that we use a 90º union to clean up the install vs having it dangle from the pipe that a typical shower head comes out of along with a wall holder for the shower. Since it's a small shower (36x36) we would want the head to be as close to center as possible - has anyone heard of moving the shower outlet over to the side for an install like this? If yes - do you install this outlet at the same level as the shower head holder?
I hope what I'm saying makes sense

At this point the walls are open to be able to do whatever plumbing is needed.

Thanks!

Vinny

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
outlet

I not only would put the outlet off center, but I would put it lower on the wall so the hose is out of the way when the head is in the bracket.

VinnyinNJ

Reaction score
Thanks!

Makes sense, with a 60" hose and a small shower I don't need the hose to be very high.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks