Question about pulling deep well pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Robster

Reaction score
I'm running on borrowed time here with a deep well pump that's at least 20 years old (probably older). I called a well company and they came out today and siad they can only pull the pump with their truck rig. It's 191 feet down and they said another company has a rig that can pull the pump without a truck but they we're sure if 191 feet is too deep. I can make access to the well but it's going to require some major landscape revision (including removing one of my wife's favorite trees) and still it's only giving 12 feet clearance in a couple of places. Can anyone that knows more about this help me with info about pulling the pump?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
It is best if you make room for the hoist truck. But you might find someone with an Upsydazy that could do it without a truck. But if it is steel pipe it will be better with a truck.

Reach4

Reaction score
I can make access to the well but it's going to require some major landscape revision (including removing one of my wife's favorite trees) and still it's only giving 12 feet clearance in a couple of places.
12 ft clearance could be enough. Do you mean 12 ft straight up, horizontally on the path to the well, or what?

Since the company came out, they will understand the clearance situation. So the company they referred you to sounds like a good choice barring negative info.

If it is steel pipe, it would be best if that was not put back down the well. PVC is usually the best choice when you have the hoist truck. This may be a good situation for polyethylene pipe down the well. It may be worthwhile for your wife to allow severe trimming or removal of a tree that should not have been placed there.

Boycedrilling

In the Trades
Reaction score
There's only a few pump companies in Washington that have Up-Z-dazy type pump pullers. I had a job a couple of years ago that that was what was needed. Didn't want to spend $3-4000 for a puller for one job. Made a number of calls to pump companies all over the state. Was not able to find one to rent. Ended up not doing the job. Since then have picked up a used one at an auction, and have never needed it. Of course I would be willing to rent it to your pump guys

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks