Question about possible toilet color discoloration

Users who are viewing this thread

kdevine

Reaction score
I bought a Toto Drake toilet about 15 years ago from Terry (out of his garage in Bellevue, no less). I recently remodeled the bathroom and in the process of moving the toilet out for the remodel, the bowl appears to have cracked. I still have the tank and all the other parts, and it appears I can buy a new replacement bowl for about $145. That said, I can buy a whole new drake toilet for about $250. I'd prefer to not add to the landfill and spend more $ than I have to, so am leaning towards replacing the bowl only. The question I have is will the colors still match -- a 15 yr old tank and a new bowl -- both colors are #01 cotton. I'm wondering if the original tank will have naturally discolored over the years.

Thanks for any feedback.

Kevin

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks