Question about Neutralizer Tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Brian Carson

Reaction score
I am a very base level beginning on understanding softeners and had a quick question that I think I may know the answer to but would prefer if someone who knows more than me could confirm.

We had our system fixed today. We have a 2510 Valve Neutralizer Tank that was fixed. From my understanding the flow is the well into the house flows to the Neutralizer tank to the pressure tank to the AP Tank through a whole home filter and into the house.

Now mind you, this evidently was not working for a good while. They replaced a float, throat and murdok valve (got that from the bill, not smart enough to know it). Whenever we have run the washing machine since it has been fixed, there seems to be a water noise that comes from the Neutralizer tank, loud enough for me to hear it above where it sits under the house from the kitchen which is above it. This has been happening randomly throughout the day and only when water is being used. Is this normal when water is being used to hear the Neutralizer pulling water in this loud or could something be wrong?

Thanks ahead of time for any help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks