Question about my Wet Vent on my Water Closet.

Users who are viewing this thread

moxiechef

Reaction score
I am plumbing a new bathroom and venting the toilet via wet vent. The Long 90 on the left is the vertical drop from the toilet. Then I had to jog it down to avoid HVAC on the other side of the block wall. The 2" wet vent is about 4'6" from the toilet drop. I am concerned that I should not have put the two 45s in before the vent. Will this work or do I need to break out the sawzall?

Thanks in advance.

JB[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• Plumbing - 3.jpg
    Plumbing - 3.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 406
  • Plumbing - 2.jpg
    Plumbing - 2.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 373

Doherty Plumbing

Journeyman & Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
That will work. A toilet is already s-trapped so you don't need to worry TOO much about them when you're piping them in.

You dont' need to measure from the toilets vertical drop you need to measure from where the wet vent connects. And on a toilet you have 10' so you look lik eyou'll be fine in that picture.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If you are in Canada, then Doherty is right.

If you are in the USA, then you may need to vent within six feet.

There is Canada code, the least you will ever have to do
IPC code, a little more restrictive
UPC code, the best and most restrictive.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks