Question about kitchen waste lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Jbaker

Reaction score
Hello, replacing a kitchen sink and have a question. So my current set up is a double bowl sink but both sides are plumbed individually I think. The right side is a standard strainer that goes into a p trap to a wast pipe. On the left is the garbage disposal the goes into another p trap that's connected to a second wast pipe. That one sits lower than the other one. My question is since I'm going to a single bowl sink can I just cap off one of the waste pipes? Does it matter what one I use? I've tried to upload a photo but it keeps saying the file is to large.

Reach4

Reaction score
Max on photo upload is 800 pixels and 200KB. However Jeff was able to provide the good info without a photo.

A photo would maybe lead to suggestions as to how to cap a pipe. A trap adapter would be trapped differently than some other possibilities.

Are you sure that the lowest one will be low enough to keep the garbage disposal under your new 12 inch deep bowl undermount sink? ;-)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks