Question about headlights

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
So, tell me, what do you think of him the morn he was born? Cute as a little dickens wasn't he? I can show you a pic of him today, if you want to see it.

Cookie

Reaction score
You know what I remember once my husband pulling the wheel off the steering column wheel, and doing something to one of our cars once. He never swore, was against his religion, lol, but, he did that day. I remember that. I remember teasing him, saying, ' Ah, you go first on that test drive."

If the dimmer switch is bad, it is inside the steering column. Not a particularly good DIY job unless you have a warm shop full of tools and nothing better to do.

Cookie

Reaction score
I usually see him pulling away in the mornings and, see his headlights but, I might had missed it one morning being off.

So, you think, that was all his problem then? He will be fine?
Like I said before, he was probably driving with one for some time and never noticed. 2 bulbs blowing at once would not be a common occurrence.

The good news is that it's working and it didn't cost more that the car is worth.

Cookie

Reaction score
I have this problem with my car. :) we could tackle tomorrow... lol.

Cookie

Reaction score
I am here you know, lol. And, how did you get your rocket to work?

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Going to run this by you all. Son called and while he was at work, his girlfriend's dad, replaced the lightbulbs, and it works. He did have high beams... not low beams. Her dad only replaced the bulbs. I am grateful to this man for being so good to my son, yet, I need to ask, being they both blew, and both high beams were working, but, not the lows, does it sound like this is all it was? I really like my kid. lol.
Sounds like it was known, but ignored for quite a while before they all burnt out. Hope I'm wrong, but that's my guess. I see people driving around all the time like that. Good for your son's gir's father.

Cookie

Reaction score
What is really weird though is this, when he leaves in the morning, I stand at the door waving, and, I do the mom thing, lol, I am checking his lights, etc while he pulls away. I didn't see one out, but, I guess I could had missed one, just kind of weird that I would, because I am very observant. I usually don't miss a thing.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
I can put something together for you.

Kind of late for reindeer, This Year.

Cookie

Reaction score
I will give that some thought, thank you very much. I like your rocket, that is spiffy.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Check this out Cookie and tell me what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cookie

Reaction score
Well, I will say this. On Christmas I was at the hospital for kids with the big C, and, a little kid (age 13) asked me that same question. She was playing the song. I don't know for sure, but, I think, it is about a sick child and questioning or talking, about God. Like I told my little friend, that I always...thought God was a woman because who else would have had the sense of humor to create a man. :) She cracked up laughing and said, " men are silly, aren't they?" Yes, I said, yes they are, that is why we give birth because they would get it wrong. :)

but, sons are not included in this they are great. :)

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Got this question about a car window. :) It is stuck down. It is winter. It is snowing. It won't go up, so it is now covered with plastic. My son thinks it is the clamps inside the window holding it, nothing electrical. How can I fix this?

Thank you.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Got this question about a car window. :) It is stuck down. It is winter. It is snowing. It won't go up, so it is now covered with plastic. My son thinks it is the clamps inside the window holding it, nothing electrical. How can I fix this?

Thank you.
If anything is actually broken mechanically down there, you need to remove the interior door trim panel and see what's going on. If it's electric windows, when you press the button, do you hear any sounds from inside the door? Other windows work OK? Maybe the operating switch is bad. Driver's door?

Cookie

Reaction score
I was thinking not knowing which would be the lessor of the problems, but, possibly, related to the headlight problem. Since, the timing is there. But, he said, he doesn't think it is electrical, and, yes, it is the drivers window. I didn't ask him if he heard any sounds, but he said, the window glass moves about. Always something.

I am going to take a look at it in the morning.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I was thinking not knowing which would be the lessor of the problems, but, possibly, related to the headlight problem. Since, the timing is there. But, he said, he doesn't think it is electrical, and, yes, it is the drivers window. I didn't ask him if he heard any sounds, but he said, the window glass moves about. Always something.

I am going to take a look at it in the morning.
Maybe if you don't find anything, you should bring the car to the dealer or a mechanic for evaluation? How old is the car? The reason I asked if it the driver's window is that it is usually the only window in a car that cannot be operated by a passenger in another seat, and the problem may be the driver window switch itself, but on the other hand, if the glass is loose down there, the glass may have unglued itself from the bottom lifter rail mechanism. That used to be very common in older cars.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks