Question about Danze toilet, please?

Users who are viewing this thread

hmowner

Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with the Danze "Ziga Zaga" 1-Piece Toilet #DC031221WH? Specs describe it as 3" flush valve technology with Fluidmaster pilot valve,
elongated bowl, 12" rough-in, 16 1/2" rim height, concealed, glazed trapway, 1.6 gpf (6 Lpf).
I looked up the MaP ratings, which rate it highly (1000g) but I can't find any consumer information about it. I specifically seek a toilet of this simple geometric shape but want a good one! Thanks for any help or insight ...
Hmowner

http://www.danze.com/products/pdfs/DC031221_ss.pdf

Attachments

• ziga_zaga.jpg
    ziga_zaga.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 1,669
Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Danze is a brand name, more than an actual manufacturer. Danze faucets are made by Globe Union Industrial Chinese Faucet Company. I am not sure about the toilets, but would guess they might be made by Foremost Groups. You could look at foremostgroups.com to see if there is a similar toilet or model #>

Not that it may not be a good toilet in many ways, but most of the high map toilets from ALL BRANDS, use proprietary and unique parts in the flushing system. Wherever you are planning to buy that, I would ask them up front if they provide parts support. If the answer is some mumbo jumbo about manufacturer's warranty, then you know you will be spending time on the phone trying to find parts and waiting for them to be sent!

hmowner

Reaction score
Update on Danze Zig Zag Toilet

Thank you for your feedback. I finally reached Danze and learned that the subject toilet has been discontinued. While the high-efficiency toilet of the same name is still being manufactured, it did not rate as highly (800 instead of 1000g). Danze's toilets are made by Gerber, by the way.
Hmowner (and original poster)

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Globe Union bought Gerber a few years back.

Gerber used to be a family owned business based in Chicago.
Now everything I see from Gerber comes from Globe Union in China.

I quit selling the Globe Union dual flush pressure assist, too many failures of the dual flush mechanism.
http://www.gobo.com.tw/page.php?key=marketing

This toilet uses a flapper, so less should go wrong.

Last edited:

hmowner

Reaction score
Toto Nexus?

Thanks to forum feedback, I am now thinking about the longevity of a toilet and the availability of parts. While function is very important, I still seek a contemporary-looking toilet. Thank you for any feedback on the design and effectiveness of the Toto Nexus G-Max CST794SF, cyclone flush, comfort height toilet. This model is not included among the many Toto toilets recommended by this site. Is there a reason it was excluded? The model is distinguished by its tall oval-shaped tank cover. I would post an image if I knew how.
Thanks!
Hmowner

Attachments

• CST794EF_main.jpg
    CST794EF_main.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 1,671
Last edited by a moderator:

Terry Love

Plumber
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Nexus is similar to the other Toto models in performance.
I have one Canadian couple that comes down and buys them.
And a few designers in Seattle.

They look very nice, and work well.
They use the same parts that the other TOTO toilets use also.

index.php

hmowner

Reaction score
Correction on the Ziga Zag toilet

For whatever it is worth, Tech Support at Globe Union says the Ziga Zaga toilet has not be discontinued (?). For clarification, you may call them at:
1-888-328-2383 U.S. or 1-800-487-8372 CANADA.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks