Quality of Myers/Pentair SS pump heads and motors?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Any of those all Stainless Steel pumps are copies of the Grundfos. There are many brands to choose from these days and they are all pretty good copies. Even though Franklin makes a terrible pump, they still make a good motor. I think Pentair and Goulds have worked through most of the problems with their new motors. But I still prefer a Franklin motor with a Grundfos or a Grundfos copy for the pump.

Ald

Reaction score
Any of those all Stainless Steel pumps are copies of the Grundfos. There are many brands to choose from these days and they are all pretty good copies. Even though Franklin makes a terrible pump, they still make a good motor. I think Pentair and Goulds have worked through most of the problems with their new motors. But I still prefer a Franklin motor with a Grundfos or a Grundfos copy for the pump.
I have a 30year old 3\4 hp myers shallow for irragation with a ge motor with oil ports. Still working, my problem is low performance which may be due to low well, pressure is low down to 18 psi on zone that is normally 24, so maybe water table or could impeller be worn?

Ald

Reaction score
Shopping pumps, submersible 3 wire, 1 HP and this looks like a lot for the money: https://www.rcworst.com/myers-3s102-25-p4-4-submersible-pump-25-gpm-1-0-hp-230v-3-wire-1ph.html Are the Pentair motors as good as Franklin now? That all SS pump head looks nice, so nice for the money I think it might be Chinese. My first choice would be a Grunfos 4", but the price is scary. What pump would YOU choose for reliability and longevity when installed right and maintained?
I have a 30year old 3\4 hp myers shallow for irragation with a ge motor with oil ports. Still working, my problem is low performance which may be due to low well, pressure is low down to 18 psi on zone that is normally 24, so maybe water table or could impeller be worn? I dont recall a brass impeller plastic I think, do they wear and give low performance, if so does myers sell? Thank you

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Myers is plastic and made by Pentair. If it is a low producing well the pump should put out full flow for a short period. If it is a worn pump, it will start out with low production.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks