Qest tubing

Users who are viewing this thread

mikemc53

Reaction score
I have an older mobile home (1996?) with the grey poly Qest tubing for all the supply lines. No leaks (yet) but also no shut-offs at any location except where the supply actually enters the home. I want to change out the faucets in the bathrooms and kitchen and also put shut-offs in while I'm doing it. At that time I would also like to transition from the poly to either cpvc or Pex. My preference is to use some type of push connect fittings but I am not sure what works with the poly. SharkBite makes some poly conversion fittings but I have not seen them locally. The Qest tubing is 1/2" with the 5/8" OD like cts, or Pex. Could I use a standard 1/2" push connect on this?

Obviously I am looking for the easiest way around this. I have used push connect in my other homes with copper and cpvc, and they have always worked well. Of course, the off-brand connectors have had a few issues but SharkBite always seems to have worked.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
From what I've read, the Quest tubing has been problematic...when cutting bits out, cut out as much as you can easily get to when replacing things.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks