PVC to CPVC adapter ? By Genova how reliable?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Kdc, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Kdc

Kdc New Member

This is an adapter from PVC to CPVC coming off of pressure regulator from the incoming water line from meter. I have Never seen a PVC to CPVC adapter and I did not know they existed. .... Has Genova. 51577 PVC. CPVC on the seam .....I am going to replace with a stainless threaded CPVC slip combo adapter ( can no longer get the brass one in our area ) and new union side because I am afraid of failure of the glue weld between the CPVC and PVC adapter .. How reliable or safe are these adapters if any one knows ???.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2019
  2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

ASTM D3138 PVC to CPVC transition cement is green. I think that is for non-pressure piping, however.

So after looking around, I don't know if what you have is OK. I would tend to think not.

CPVC cement is yellow I think, and you look to have PVC primer, and I presume PVC cement on what look like CPVC to CPVC.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Kdc

Kdc New Member

Thank you . My thoughts too. I think it will fail over time . Even though cold water supply , it might hold for a year or two but I think needs to be replace .

5. Storm rider

Storm rider Slave to rentals

Property Manager
    There is nothing wrong with the adapter itself, but, as Reach pointed out, the installation was not done with the correct transition cement. So it is a fail waiting to happen.

6. Kdc

Kdc New Member

Attached Files: