PVC Slipnut the same as a ~Compression Adapter~

Users who are viewing this thread

Chefwong

Reaction score
I've looked high and low, and have only found 2" compression couplers.
I'll take a slip, mipt, anything in a compression adapter. The goal is to created a *sealed* connection between my laundry standpipe and the outlet hose.

I was thinking of said item *compressed adapter* to create a nice tight seal. I can't seem to find it locally or online. I did find plenty of PVC compression couplings and a MIPT compression adapter. No slip variant...

I might just grab a DWV adapter at see how *tight* it fits when snugged into the washing machine outlet hose.

Last edited:

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
How about this?

http://www.fernco.com/plumbing/residential-plumbing/hose-grip-clothes-washer-connector

res-hose-grip-con.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Without the air gap you may have problems with your washer.

The pumps and internal hoses are not made to pressure the drain line, when it is closed that way.

Good luck.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
A "solid connection" between the hose and standpipe will allow the washer to siphon the water back into the tub, which is why they are supposed to be a loose fit in the standpipe.

DonL

Reaction score
A "solid connection" between the hose and standpipe will allow the washer to siphon the water back into the tub, which is why they are supposed to be a loose fit in the standpipe.

When you get the siphon going your washing machine becomes a sewer sucker.

Then people wonder why their cloths come out brown.

I bought a new washer recently and it had one-way valves on the water and drain lines.

I guess that makes it approved for use in California.

Chefwong

Reaction score
Was familiar with the Fernco.

However, I wanted to stub this onto the existing laundery box *currently ends with a male thread / metal washer/nut that secures it to the box*.
I wanted to "secure" the hose more securely with a pinhole drilled in the compression cap for venting. I suppose it's fine just as it.

The *air* now makes more more sense. Does this AID in drainage. Cause often in commercial setups, I often see tubes that goes into large *round or square openings* that connect to the main DWV. No P trap, just the drain tube flowing into opening

DonL

Reaction score
The *air* now makes more more sense. Does this AID in drainage. Cause often in commercial setups, I often see tubes that goes into large *round or square openings* that connect to the main DWV. No P trap, just the drain tube flowing into opening

The air I/O makes draining work properly, But it will not help if your drain is plugged.

Chefwong

Reaction score
The goal of this whole thing was I noticed a bit of overflow that was pooling in the washer standpipe *box*.

In further testing, it turns out it was the *Hard Plastic U Neck* that was causing it.
I removed it, and just put the corrugated plastic tube down into the standpipe and Viola, no overflow .
Go figure...

It must be draining faster, I hope no placebo effect cause when it now drains, the sound sounds more *viscious*.....aka, higher water inrush/gurgling noise coming from the laundry room...

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks