PVC Pipe Through Concrete

Users who are viewing this thread

Huskerfan-23

Reaction score
This has probably been asked but I couldn't find it....

Tying into existing PVC under basement slab for a new bathroom and wet bar in the basement. Running 2 inch PVC to the wet bar and don't quite have 1/4 in/ft slope under slab and would need to run about the last 2-3ft to get to the bar through concrete (horizontally).

Do I just need to sleeve the portion of the PVC going through the concrete?

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
How thick is this concrete? The way I'm picturing this, you'd have a weak spot in your concrete.

Can't you pop up early and pipe horizontally above the concrete?

Huskerfan-23

Reaction score
I cant pop up early because that would necessitate me moving the wall. Concrete slab is standard 4 inches thick.

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
If possible put the last 2-3 ft under a cabinet or somewhere where it won't matter. But in general I believe you can do what you propose, you'll be interfering with (displacing) the concrete for under an inch of height. You want to separate the PVC pipe from the concrete with a barrier of compressible foam similar to sill sealer. (In fact you could just spiral wrap the pipe with sill sealer.)

Cheers, Wayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks