PVC pipe coming from foundation area of home

Users who are viewing this thread

Tdee

Reaction score
I was doing some lawn cleanup yesterday and decided to remove some debri built up beneath my deck. While under there, I saw there's a white PVC pipe coming from my foundation area (no basement, slab only) that drops at a 90 degree elbow and then again to send the pipe out toward my yard. I am concerned that it does not belong. Could someone help me identify what it is and give me peace of mind as to wether it belongs/done properly? Thanks so much.

Attachments

• IMG_1067.JPG
    IMG_1067.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 367
Last edited by a moderator:

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Could be an old (or current) drain for a washer installation. Used to be common down here in Dogpatch.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I'm guessing it is for the roof gutters. It's bringing the water from the roof farther away from the foundation.
Or perhaps do you have a sump pump that needs draining to the outside?

Tdee

Reaction score
I'm guessing it is for the roof gutters. It's bringing the water from the roof farther away from the foundation.
Or perhaps do you have a sump pump that needs draining to the outside?
No basement so I'm not sure whether I would have a pump. How does the downspout set up work? It's odd because as far as I can tell, ever downspout has an end that goes straight tot he ground and doesn't appear to connect to any pvc to relocate.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks