PVC flexible pipe and NEC

Users who are viewing this thread

stardog

Reporter
Reaction score
I have a short run in the attic where I plan to run PVC flexible pipe. I have 1" solid PVC conduit running from the panel box into the soffit, but due to the steep roof angle I am unable to continue the solid conduit to the nearby jbox, a distance of maybe 18". To protect the exposed THWN 12 AWG wiring I plan to use 1" flexible PVC pipe from the jbox over to the to the solid conduit inside the soffit, using standard schedule 40 connectors at both ends.

I am sure this is standard practice for short-distance, tight or hard to access spaces. However, reading the NEC I cannot locate any specific reference to using non-metallic flexible pipe, how it should be secured to framing members, allowable or forbidden uses, etc., etc. Can anyone confirm the application I am using it for meets current code? Tks for anyone's input.

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
The obvious product to use would be Electrical Nonmetallic Tubing, ENT, aka Smurf Tube. That's covered by NEC Article 362.

Cheers, Wayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks