Putting Combo Wye on side to add shower drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Personalt

Reaction score
I have a closet flange about 15 inches from the main stack. See picture. I want to move the toilet a few inches down the joist cavity toward the camera and I want to add a shower drain about 30" down the joist cavity away from the camera.

Is it suitable to use a double combination wye with 1/8 bend where the closet bend is now? My plan would be A) in to one side of the combination wye install a new closet bend moving the toilet a few inches toward camera
b) in the other side of combination wye install a reduction bushing to run a 2" line 30" down the cavity to pick up the drain. <- with a trap of course.

It seems reasonable as a combination wye would be okay if you were just picking up a horizontal stack. Wasnt sure the double combo wye adds any complexity or problems. Otherwise I can go to the main sack but that is a lot more demo to a wall that has tile on the other side.

Attachments

• closet.jpg
    closet.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 228
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks