PushConnect fittings long term reliability v/s PEX Clamps

Users who are viewing this thread

Asker123

Reaction score
Newbie here and I am trying my level best to put as robust a system for my new softener.

From my pressure tank to the softener input I am trying to do 1 inch. I have bought the following Pex A pipe

In my current planned setup I am including following fittings

1) Horizontal - Right at the out of the Tank - A Sharkbite brass 1 inch FNTP to a 1 inch Push to connect ( PTC) . approx 6 inch long pipe into PTC

2) at the end of that 6 inch long pipe there will be a 90 deg bend to take the pipe vertical. Pex brass fitting , Clamps on both end

3) Run the pipe vertical for approx 1.5 feet then add a Tee . I bought a Sharkbite brass crazy heavy (all side PTC) 1 inch in and 1 inch out vertically and 3/4 inch horizontal where I will connect my existing 1/2 inch copper pipe ( for kitchen sink and garden water) somehow

4) the vertically going 1 inch pipe will require some more 90 deg bends ( perhaps 3) before it reaches the softener. All are pex brass fittings clamps style

5) Into the softener there is SharkBite Brass 1 inch FNPT to 1 inch PTC . FNTP is on sofenter side and the 1 inch pipe goes into PTC side.

6) Somewhere in this goes a Ball valve. I bought that the Pex style to be used with Clamps not the Sharkbite PTC style

With so many Sharbite Push to Connect fittings in this small setup, will you be concerned? Reliability is most important for me. Do SharkBite Push to connect are more prone to getting disconnected due to stress etc compared to regular Pex fittings that uses Clamps?

IMG_20220119_213307475.jpg

JohnCT

Still learning..slowly
Reaction score
I would place the Sharkbites behind crimp PEX for reliability, and both behind expansion PEX.

But honestly, any plumbing that is exposed and in a basement is safe IMO for any system you choose as long as you install it correctly and professionally.

John

Asker123

Reaction score
I would place the Sharkbites behind crimp PEX for reliability, and both behind expansion PEX.

But honestly, any plumbing that is exposed and in a basement is safe IMO for any system you choose as long as you install it correctly and professionally.

John

When you say crimp do you mean both crimp and clamp or even those two also have difference. I know the tool used is different, the ring is different . Is there any function difference?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks