Push-on valve question

Users who are viewing this thread

Cubey

Reaction score
I am in the process of purchasing a home. One repair the seller has done was to put a new valve on the master bathroom sink. She had a push-on valve installed (most likely "Keeney" brand from Lowes) and I found that the entire valve is able rotate. Is this normal for push-on fittings by design and most specifically this brand? I found a video showing SharkBite brand push-on fittings and they specifically say they are able to rotate but the installation videos for Keeney's products don't specifically say this.

Cubey

Reaction score
Thanks. I will let the seller know. We became a bit alarmed by it, fearing it was going to come off under pressure eventually or something. I'm not worried about removal. It should be good for at least 10-15 years now since it's a brand new valve. I'll worry about removal when the time comes.

That kind claims to be pretty easy though. You remove a metal clip, hold the valve still and pull the nut toward you and it's supposed to then pull right off. To put it back on, you put the clip on again and just push it back on the pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks